Wednesday, February 19, 2020

In Dreams Art Journal page

Good morning to you.

I hope you are all in a good space as you join me here today.

I have an Art Journal page to share today. It did not take me very long to create this page and I encourage you to give it a go. It is very simple, a good project for a beginner.

I have used my Happy Planner disc bound notebook that I have taken for an art journal. I stick two pages together and give the front a coat of Gesso before I start.

You can watch me create this page here in this video

This is my page.


To create the background I used acrylic paints in colours:- Creative PL Cadmium Yellow Hue, Duncan Red Carnation, Duncan Sunrise Orange and Duncan Ultra Metallic Solid Gold. I applied them to the page using a sponge and a pouncing motion to give the paint a little texture.

Some detail was added to the background with Creative PL Titanium white acrylic paint which I watered down slightly and used an empty toilet roll to create circles and then watered the paint down a little more and used my fan brush to create random splatters.

The black circles in the background were made using a stamp, that I think came with a magazine at some stage, and Stazon Jet Black ink. I have used two of the four circle stamps that came in the set.

For the focal point I wanted to make a dream catcher. I combined Kaisercraft's Flower stencil and TCW Mini Peacock Feathers stencil to do this. I have used Mont Marte Modelling Paste through the stencils.

I wasn't sure if the focal point would stand out enough from the background but once I had let the paste dry and outlined the whole design with my Micron fine permanent black pen I was happy that it did. I did think of colouring the whole dream catcher in Yellow but decided to stick with the white.

I printed out my title and attached it to the page using Mat Gel Medium.

Using a permanent fine black pen I gave both the page and the title a ragged outline to help bring all of the elements together

So as I said earlier a simple page that would be a great start for a beginner.

You can check out my YouTube channel and watch the video here. You will also find a link in the description box of that video to all of my other Art Journal videos if you would like to watch them.

I have to say a big thank you to all of the people who have subscribed to my channel over the last 2 weeks. You have made this girl very happy.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment