Wednesday, May 13, 2020

All of Us Scrapbooking Layout

Good morning.

Today I am sharing with you the Design Team layout I created for Off The Rails Scrapbooking using their May mood board. You can see their Facebook page here. Why not enter their challenge, you could win a great prize.

I have created a process video showing how this page was made, you can see the video here


This is the mood board.
The inspiration I took from this is the colours, blue, green, red and orange and sewing/stitching.

To start the layout I used my Scan N Cut to cut a free cut file from Gwen Ruck over at Cut To You. Here is a link to her Facebook page. I cut the file out of Bazzill Admiral cardstock. I attached this in the centre of my white cardstock background using Aleene's Original Tacky Glue.

I also used the same cardstock to mat my photo. The photo is 7" x 3.25". I had previously matted this on a white/grey patterned paper because I had planned on using it on another layout but changed my mind. The light photo mat is 7.25" x 3.5" and the blue mat is 7.5" x 3.5".

The patterned papers were then cut to size, had the edges inked with Versa Colour black ink and attached to the layout using double sided tape.

The paper sizes are:-
               Kaisercraft - Sweet Nothing (Green Spot) - 10" x 5.5" and 7/8" x 2". 
                    This smaller piece has a fishtail cut out of one of the narrow ends.
               Kaisercraft - Wandering Ivy (Floral) - 12" x 4.5"
               Maja Designs - Fika (Dark Blue) - 8" x 4"
               Maja Designs - Fika (White with hearts) - 11" x 2.5" and 1" x 2.5". 
                    These both have fishtails cut in one of the narrower ends.

Using two strands of embroidery thread I hand stitches a + inside of each of the cut file diamonds.

My Scan N Cut was then used to cut the scalloped hearts, arrows, title and stamped flowers to embellish my page.

The flowers were stamped, using Close To My Heart Daisy Patch Flower stamp, onto white cardstock with black StaZon ink and coloured using Tattered Angels Chalkboard sprays in Tomate Cerise and Valencia. I applied his colour with a brush and then shaped the petals using the round section of my poke tool. I then layered three flowers to make the larger flower and two for the smaller one. A clear gem was added to the centre of each flower.




Three hearts of slightly descending sizes, were cut from the same patterned papers as I had already used on the page. I inked around the edge and layered them on top of each other with a piece of double sided tape just down the middle of the heart. This allows the edges to be lifted for added texture.

All of these embellishments were then added to the page using glue.

I used the same Chalkboard sprays to create a light covering of splatters to the background.

A Mitsubishi Uniball eye micro pen in black was used to draw a squiggly boarder around the page, I did not think this stood out enough so I used my sewing machine to add a row of straight stitching in navy blue and a row of zig zag stitching in olive green

That completed this layout. Don't forget you can watch the video, and see exactly how this page came together.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment