Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Messing About with Poppy Layout

Good morning.

Today I am sharing a layout I have created that uses 3 photos. I have trimmed the photos down so they are 3 1/4" high and differing widths.

I have a video showing the full process for creating this layout. You will find it here.


I have used three papers from my stash that are in the blue/turquoise range. I have paired these with both plain black and white cardstock.

I have used my Scan N Cut to cut a floral circle that is 6" in diameter. This was a free cut file I got from the internet, but unfortunately I have not noted where it came from.

To add some texture to the background I put Colour Blast Colour Paste (colour Envy) through a TCW stencil (Tile Texture). Then I added some circles using a clear stamp and Jet Black StazOn ink. Some splatters with Glimmermist (Starfish) added a little pink to finish the background.

From the first patterned paper (stripes) I cut 3 pieces, 1 @ 1" x 5 1/4", 1 @ 1 1/4" x 11" and 1 @ 1"
x 9 1/2".

From the second piece of patterned paper I cut three pieces, 1 @ 3/4" x 4", 1 @ 1 1/2" x 11 1/2" and 1 @ 3/4" x 8".

I tore two strips from the Coordinations cardstock for the top and the bottom of the layout.

I used some pink paper to back the open leaves of the cut file. I also cut 3 pieces of this paper, 1@ 1" x 9", 1 @ 1" x 5" and 1 @ 1" x 10". I used a punch to punch along one of the long edges of each of these strips.


All of these papers had their edges inked with black ink.

The strips of paper and the cut file were then added to the background as shown in the photo.

The photos were mounted on foam and attached on top of the centre layers of patterned papers.

The "Messing about" section of the title was cut on my Scan N Cut from black cardstock.
The "with Poppy" section was printed on white cardstock, cut into a fishtail banner and attached to the layout using foam to give it added dimension.

I felt that the background was too overpowering at this stage and decided to give it a coat of Gesso to push it back a little.

I used a punch to punch the hearts and tiny flowers from the same cardstocks that I had previously used on the layout to embellish the page.


To finish the page I applied a thick layer of Glossy Accents to the black area of the cut file and to the "Messing about" part of the title. This dries clear a gives the black cardstock a beautiful gloss.


Don't forget to pop over to my YouTube channel and check out the video. If you are not already a subscriber you might like to subscribe while you are there.

Thanks for dropping by today
Till next time
Stay Safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment