Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Three Cards using "Timeless" Paper Pad

Hello hello

Today's share is a set of three shabby chic cards

You can watch the video here if you would like.

I bought a 6" patterned paper pad from K Mart by Anko called "Timeless". I have not used their papers before and thought I would try them out. I have to say the papers were fine to work with and very pretty. Some of them were foiled too.

I cut all of the card bases from A4 sized 270gsm smooth white cardstock. I have made one card that is 
5 1/4" square and for the other 2, I cut the A4 cardstock to 11 1/2" long and then cut it down the middle lengthways to make two top folding cards that are 5 3/4" x 4 1/8"

All of the patterned papers have had their edges inked and the square card and one of the others has had the patterned papers distressed.

I create several sheets of computer generated sentiments in various sizes and fonts and this is what I have used on all of these cards.


Let's start with the square card.


I have used 3 patterned papers on this card. The pink spot is 5 1/4" square, the foiled green paper is 5 1/4" x 3" and the floral paper is 5 1/4" x 1 1/4". As I said before the edges of these papers have been distressed and inked.

A piece of Finnabair lace was also cut to 5 1/4" and added to the layers, between the green and the floral papers.

Flowers from my stash were used to decorate the card. The pink flower is silk (I think it is Prima but not positive), the tiny roses are Kaisercraft's Mini Paper Blooms in Fairy Floss. I don't know what brand the fussy cut flowers are as I have not kept the packaging and the gold flower was made with my foiling kit and my Scan N Cut.

The sentiment was matted on some of the pink spot paper and attached to the card using foam tape.

Now to the second card. 


I have used two patterned papers on this card.
The white foiled paper is 3 7/8" x 5 1/2" and the floral paper is 3 5/8" x 5 1/4"

The white foiled banner is 1 1/4" x 3 1/2" and matted onto plain white cardstock and the floral banner is 3/4" x 2 3/4" and also matted onto white cardstock. The small banner is attached to the larger banner with double sided tape and the banner assembly is attached to the card using foam tape.

Aileens Original Tacky glue was used to attach the silk flower (another Prima one I think) on top of the banner assembly. I used the same glue to attach the crochet cotton, that had been twisted up to look like a bow, under the flower.

The sentiment is matted on two of the patterned papers and some white cardstock and attached to the card with foam tape.

And our last card for today.


I chose four papers from the pad for this card.
The foiled pink paper is 3 7/8" x 5 1/2", the dark floral is 3 3/8" x 5", the pink spot is 3 1/8" x 4 3/4" and the top floral is 2 1/2" x 4".

A piece of lace from the same Finnabair bundle was also added to the layers, it is 5 3/4" long, and is positioned between the bottom two layers.

I have added a piece of cheese cloth to the embellishment cluster on this card. Another of the foiled flowers I made on my ScanN Cut and a couple of flowers from my stash complete the embellishments on this card.

The sentiment has been matted on a piece of the spotty paper and attached to the card using foam tape.

Well that's it for today. Thank you for spending some of your day here with me.

Don't forget to have a look at the video. You might also like to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you don't already.

Till next time
Stay Safe
Hugs
Julie


2 comments:

  1. Love your cards and thanks for sharing. In your 2nd card, how do you make your banners? Measurements? In your video, I can’t catch the measurements...Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. The patterned paper measurements are :- Large banner 1 3/8" x 4" and cut the fishtail up 1/2". The small one is 3/4" x2 3/4" and cut the fishtail up 3/8". These are then matted on plain cardstock that is 1/8" bigger. Hope this is helpful. Cheers Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment