Saturday, August 1, 2020

August challenge over at Mystical Scrapbooks

Hi there friends

Today I am sharing a layout I have created for the August challenge over at Mystical Scrapbooks.

The video for this layout can be found here.

My challenge is to use a handmade textile embellishment on your layout. It can be any embellishment so long as it is hand made and made from textiles, ie flowers, banners, stars, hearts etc made from fabric, wool, lace, felt etc

Last month I shared a video showing how to make two styles of fabric flowers, you might find that helpful in the creation of your embellishment.

I have used three of the flowers I made in that video on this layout. 

The flower cluster also includes some paper flowers in a pale green


I have used modelling paste through a stencil (Kaisercraft Tribal Collage) and then applied Mustard Seed Distress Ink through a different stencil (Kaisercraft Floral) to the white cardstock base.

An assortment of stamps were also added to the background using Broken China Distress Ink and StazOn Jet Black Ink.

I have used Effie & Vonnie papers from the Love & Grace collection by Colourblast.

I also added some burlap ribbon  and some white tassel ribbon to the right hand edge of my photo.

If you would like to join in this challenge you will find it here. Why not check it out you may win the monthly prize.

Don't forget you can see the layout video here, and the flower making video here.

Thanks for spending some of your day here with me today
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment