Monday, July 27, 2020

Anniversary Card 2020

Good morning friends

In June it was my 47th wedding anniversary so I made a card for my husband. I would like to share that card with you now and explain how it was constructed.

You can watch the video here if you would like.

I wanted to include a wedding photo in the card so I decided to make it a tri-fold card.

As is my usual practise all of the cardstock, patterned papers and embellishments have had their edges inked with black.


To make the card base I cut 3 pieces of white 300gsm cardstock

                No. 1. 1 @ 8 1/2" x 6"
                No. 2. 1 @ 1" x 6"
                No. 3. 1 @ 4" x 6"

I scored piece No. 1 at 4 1/4" to make a folded card that was 4 1/4" x 6". 

Piece No. 2 was folded at 1/2" so it was 1/2" x 6".

I used the 1" piece as a hinge to join the 4" wide piece to the folded card base thereby creating the tri fold.

A full panel heart die was used to cut the plain blue cardstock for the front of the card. Once this was cut I trimmed it down to the same size as the front of the card base (4 1/4" x 6") and used glue to attach it.

To create the large heart on the front of the card I cut Ultimate Crafts ULT57570 heart die from both black and white cardstock so I could use the black frame around the white centre. I used glue to attach these.

The greeting was printed from my computer, trimmed to size, matted on some of the blue cardstock and attached on top of the heart die-cut using foam tape.


To decorate the top of the right hand panel I cut a piece of the plain blue cardstock to 3" x 6" and used a Martha Stewart heart punch to punch along one of the 6" edges. I attached this piece to the right hand edge of the panel and attached the little strip of cardstock that was cut from the blue cardstock, by the punch, to the lefthand edge of the panel.

I used Paper Shapers "Folk Heart" punch in two sizes to punch two large and one small heart from white cardstock. I ran these through my Big Shot with a Sizzix embossing folder. I attached them to the panel with Aileen's Original Tacky Glue.


Next I matted my photo on some white cardstock that measures 3 3/4" x 5 1/2". This was then matted on top a piece of blue cardstock that measures 4" x 5 3/4". My photo assembly was then attached to the inside centre panel of the card.

The right and left inside side panels have a piece of Kaisercraft's patterned paper from their Wonderland 6 1/2" paper pad cut to 3 5/8" x 5 3/4" attached close to the fold line and a piece of 1/2" x 5 3/4" blue cardstock attached 1/8" from the outside edge of the card.

The left hand panel has another 3 hearts attached that were treated the same as the ones on the front of the right hand panel.

Die-Namics High Rise Numbers die was used to cut the "47" from black cardstock and Kaisercraft's Alphabet Upper Case dies were used to cut the word "years", also in black cardstock. These were attached to the card using the same glue that I had used to attach the hearts.

The panel on the right is where I wanted to write my personal message so I cut a piece of white cardstock to 2 1/2" x 3 3/4", matted that onto a piece of the blue cardstock that measures 2 5/8" x 3 7/8". This was then attached to the card.

We went out for a lovely lunch at the beach, although it was not really beach weather. We were inside the restaurant though so the weather did not make that much difference. A relaxing afternoon and evening with some crafting time, completed a great day.

Thank you for sharing part of your day here with me today.

Don't forget to check out the video if you have some spare time.

Until next time
Stay Safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment