Thursday, November 12, 2020

Snelling Beach Layout

 Hi there

Today I am sharing a layout I created as part of the Design Team over at Off the Rails Scrapbooking using the November Moodboard.

This is the Moodboard


You will find the challenge here

The photos on my layout are from our holiday to Kangaroo Island in March of 2012. As part of that holiday we visited Snelling Beach, which was a very pretty beach, beautiful white sand and this old shack and tractor right on the beach.


The video for this layout is here.

I gave the white cardstock a coat of clear Gesso to prepare it for the wet media I planned on using on the background.

The bottom half of the page was given a roughly textured coat of Golden Glass Bead Gel to simulate the sand on the beach. I sprayed this lightly with Docrafts Artiste Spritzing Ink in Gold




The top half was sprayed with Tattered Angels Chalkboard spray in Teal High Heel and Dylusions Ink Spray in Vibrant Turquoise. I sprayed some water on it as well and used a brush to move the colour around.

I used a cut file from Cut To You called Beach Life to cut the umbrella on my Scan N Cut.

All of the patterned papers and embellishments I used on this page were free papers that came with magazines I had purchased.

I backed the cut file, matted the photos and created the strip element using these patterned papers. The fussy cut shells were also from this paper.

I placed a piece of Cheese cloth behind the photo and umbrella, mounted all of my elements on cardboard and attached them to my page using my hot glue gun.

The chipboard letters of the title have been coloured using a Kaisercraft black ink cube and attached to the layout using Art Glitter glue

I have hand drawn the faux stitching on all of the elements and as a page border with a black fine pen.



I created some splatters in the blue section of the background by watering down some white acrylic paint and using a brush to splatter randomly, keeping the photo and umbrella covered so as not to get any splattering on them.

The date was written on the bottom right of the photo using a black sharpie.

This is a very simple layout but it has lots of texture and in brightly coloured, two of my favourite things.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my layout today and I hope you will go over to my YouTube channel and watch the video

Thanks for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment