Monday, November 9, 2020

Four Christmas Cards

 Hi

Today I am sharing four Christmas cards.

I have a process video for these cards and you will find the video here

I created these cards for a friend to send to relatives overseas and each card has to have an area inside for two or three photos.

This first card is the only one that is in traditional Christmas colours.

It is a slimline card and measures 4" x 8.5", it just fits into a DL envelope.

To create the embellishment for the front of this card I covered a piece of white cardstock with assorted gold washi tapes then cut the tree shape out of that. I added some small punched circles that I covered with Dimensional Magic to give them some shine. The greeting is from Paper Rose's Crisp Christmas Sentiment Sheet. I have added gold foil to it.

The patterned paper I have used on this card is from Kaisercraft's Countdown range.


Inside the card I have added two bauble embellishments from my stash and a "Merry Christmas" die cut from gold mirror board. I think I might have got this die free with a magazine.


The second card is Pink, black & grey. It is 5.5" square.

The papers used for this card are from DCWV's Merry & Bright collection.

I have layered two of the patterned papers and white cardstock to create the front of the card.

I then used my Nellie's Multi Frame die set to cut three stars from four different patterned papers (12 stars in total), inked the edges and arranged them in a wreath shape on the front of the card.

The greeting was die cut from gold mirror board, attached to some white cardstock and matted on some patterned paper before being attached to the card front.


I cut two pieces of patterned paper 5.25" square and attached them to the inside of the card base.
Using white cardstock, I created a folding strip with four rectangular panels attached. Two of these panels will hold the photos, one is for the personal greeting and the other has a Christmas saying and three small fussy cut Christmas trees to embellish it. The two panels that will not hold photos are covered with patterned paper 



Our next card is the second slimline card in this set. It is 4" x 8.25" and is a gatefold card

The papers used for this card are from SEI's Glitzmas range and silver mirror card.

The silver card matts all of the patterned papers on this card.

On the front of the gatefold I have placed three panels that will hold the photos on the inside of the card.

To decorate these panels I have used a die to cut two Christmas trees from the silver mirror board and I have heat embossed a stamped image with silver embossing powder to create the greeting.


To decorate the inside of the card I cut two more Christmas trees, one from silver and one from blue and attached them at the bottom of the centre panel.


The final card for this set is blue and silver also.
This one is a shaker card and it is 5.5" square

I used my Spellbinder square dies to create a frame from both silver and white cardstock. The white frame is slightly smaller than the silver one.

I layered a 4.5" square piece of acetate between the two frames and created a box with foam tape around the back of the frames

A 5.25" piece of patterned paper was attached to the front of the card, the sequins were placed on the card front and then the frame was attached capturing the sequins inside the frame.

I cut the snowflake embellishment from silver cardstock using my Uniquely Snowflake Texture die and attached it to the bottom front of the card.

The greeting is from my computer generated sheet of greetings. I trimmed it to size, matted it on some silver cardstock and attached it to the card front on top of the snowflake die cut


The photos on this card will be matted on white cardstock and attached to the left hand side of the card. I have put a 5.25" piece of patterned paper on this area. A strip of the same patterned paper is matted on some silver cardstock and added to the left hand edge of the right hand inside section of the card.

The greeting has been heat embossed with silver embossing powder, matted on some silver cardstock and attached in the top left hand area over lapping the patterned paper strip.


Wow another long post.

If you are still with me thank you for sticking with it.

Don't forget to check out the video here you will find more details including measurements.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment