Friday, November 27, 2020

Three Christmas Cards using Uniquely Creative's Holly Jolly Christmas papers

 Good morning

In today's post I am sharing three cards I made using the Uniquely Creative papers I received in my November DT kit from Mystical Scrapbooks.

The November challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks is to create a set of three cards, one being a shaker and the second challenge is to create a Christmas card and include some fussy cutting if you wish. This set of three cards covers both of these challenges.

All of the patterned papers are from the Uniquely Creative Holly Jolly Christmas 6" paper pack.

There is a process video which you will find here.


This first card is a shaker

The card base is 4 3/4" square and made from white linen cardstock

The gold cardstock is 4 1/2" square and the patterned paper  is 4 1/4" square

The front of the shaker is cut using Lifestyles Crafts Nested Lace Circles die and is 3 1/2" in diameter

A circle of acetate that is 3" in diameter is attached to the back the scalloped circle

I cut 3 rings from chipboard and one from white cardstock the are 3" outer diametermeter and 2 1/2" inside diameter. These were attached on top of each other and then attached on top of the acetate at the back of the scalloped circle.

The filling of 28 Lilac Lane sequins (Velvet is the colour) were added to the shaker element and then a 3" circle of white cardstock was attached to the back to contain the sequins.

I used my Memory Box Snowflake Ornament Die to cut an ornament from gold cardstock. A piece of metallic string was attached to the shaker element where I wanted the ornament to be attached and the ornament was attached so it looked like it was hanging on the string.

The shaker element was then attached to the front of the cards close to the top.

The Merry Christmas greeting was cut from the Once Upon A Christmas Mini Cut-A-parts sheet, matted onto gold cardstock, mounted on a piece of chipboard and attached to the bottom area of the card front.



The next card has lots of layers and some embossing.

The card base for this is 6" x 4" cut from White linen cardstock
The layer sizes starting from the bottom are:
Gold 3 3/4" x 5 3/4"
Green patterned paper 3 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Gold 3 1/4" x 5 1/4"
Red spot 3" x 5"
White 2 3/4" x 4 1/2"

The edges of all of the papers were distressed using my Prima distressing tool.

Starting with the largest piece of gold cardstock all of the layers were attached to each other in descending order using double sided tape.

The small white piece was embossed with a Christmas Tree embossing folder. Sorry I don't know the brand, it could be Cuttlebug.

To embellish the embossed tree I added Uniquely Creative Clear glitter pen and some gold Stickles on the star at the top and down the trunk of the tree.

The greeting is from the Once Upon a Christmas Mini Cut-a-parts sheet. I matted it with gold cardstock, attached some chipboard to the back of it and then attached it to the card using glue



The last card for this post is a bridge card. This is the first bridge card I have ever made.

To create the card base I cut a piece of Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock in red to 4 1/4" x 8". Then I scored at 1 1/4" and 2 1/2" from each end on the 8" edge. These were then folded so the first score mark was a mountain fold and the next was a valley fold from each end.
I also cut a strip 5 1/2" x 1 3/4" from the same cardstock.

From white linen cardstock I cut one pieces 4" x 2 3/4" and four pieces 4" x 1". I ran these through my big shot with Kaisercraft's Diamond Tiles embossing folder. These were then attached to the inside of the card

The red 5 1/2" strip was then attached to the card base so that each the 1 3/4" edges lined up with the outer   edges of the card base.

I chose a Santa and a reindeer from the Creative Cuts pack and fussy cut the white edge off of them.
These were then attached to the side panels of the card, on top of the red strip.

The "Christmas" greeting also came from the Creative Cuts pack.
The merry was cut from a piece of patterned paper from my stash.



I hope you have enjoyed reading my post today. If I have not been explicit enough with my description you will find the process video here.

Thanks for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment