Tuesday, December 1, 2020

You Stole My Heart Layout

 Good morning

Today's post shares a layout I created for the challenge over at Mystical Scrapbooks that starts today. This particular challenge is to use three or more photos on your layout.

There is another challenge that requires you to use splatters on your layout so why not pop over there and check it out. You might even like to submit an entry, there are prizes.....

You will find Mystical Scrapbooks challenges here.

I have created a video and you will find it here.


I have used the Studio 73's Mistique NightWind paper range on this layout
The cardstock is Linen Cardstock in Kookaburra colour.
All of the papers/cardstock on this layout have ben distress with my Prima Distressing tool and inked with a Kaisercraft Black ink cube.

I cut a 1" frame from the Kookaburra cardstock and the Enchanted patterned paper was trimmed to 11 1/2" square.
I also cut a 4 1/4" x 12" strip and 2 of 3/4" x 12" strips from the Kookaburra cardstock.

A piece of Floriana was cut to 5 1/2" x 12" and torn along both long edges so it was approx 5" wide

The four photos are 3" x 4" and have had their edges filed with an emery board to give a thin white border.

The photos were attached to the 4 1/4" Kookaburra cardstock. A strip of chipboard was glued to this before it was attached to the strip of Floriana that had a 3/4" strip of Kookaburra cardstock attached to the top and bottom, showing approximately 1/2" past the Floriana.

I applied modelling paste, that I had coloured with Kaisercraft's Dusty Rose paint, through a Kaisercraft stencil randomly on the Enchanted background patterned paper. I also splattered this paper with Tattered Angels Black Magic Glimmermist and Docrafts's Spritzing Ink in Gold.

When it was dry the piece of Enchanted paper was attached to the 1" Kookaburra frame and then the photo panel was attached to the layout base about 2" up from the bottom.

Time now to embellish.

I used Dusty Attic's String Frames Small, Memory Maze's You Stole my Heart chipboard and some chipboard hearts from my stash. I painted the String Frame with Brick Red acrylic paint and the other pieces with Charcoal acrylic paint. All of the charcoal pieces were splattered with the same gold spritzing ink I used on the background.

I cut some one inch strips of a Provocraft patterned paper from my stash and the Kookaburra cardstock, cut them into varying lengths and cut fish tails into one end of each one.
I attached five of these at the top right of the layout and three at the bottom left.

To further embellish the top cluster I cut a 1/2" x 4" strip of the Floriana and a 3/4" x 4" strip of the Kookaburra, attached the floral on top of the Kookaburra and attached that on top of the pennants at the top of the layout about 3/4" from the top and 1/2" from the right hand edge.

I used my Stitched Heart layering dies to cut two hearts the smaller in Floriana and the larger in Kookaburra. I layered one on top of the other then attached it on top of the strip I had just added to the top cluster.

The Dusty Attic String Frame was cut in half, half was attached under the top left of the photo panel and the other piece attached under the bottom right of the photo panel

I then used my Uniball Eye Micro black pen to draw faux stitching on all of the paper elements on the page.



The charcoal chipboard was then attached as you can see in the layout photo at the top of the post.
All of the charcoal chipboard then had a good coat of Dimensional Magic



The Kookaburra heart in the top cluster had a coat of glue and then sprinkled with Dress My Crafts Frosted Sugar Powder

I think that completes the page. Hopefully I haven't missed anything. Just to be on the safe side you might like to check out the video because it is all in there.

Thanks for reading my long post today, I appreciate you spending your time here with me.

Here are links to the products I have used

Studio 73 – Mistique Nightwind – Floriana

http://www.mysticalscrapbooks.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86_995_1006&products_id=6802

 

Studio 73 – Mistique Nightwind – Enchanted

http://www.mysticalscrapbooks.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86_995_1006&products_id=6798

 

Linen Cardstock – Kookaburra

http://www.mysticalscrapbooks.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_893&products_id=6848

 

Memory Maze chipboard – You Stole My Heart 

http://www.mysticalscrapbooks.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=583_828_889&products_id=6353

 

Kaisercraft Paint – Dusty Pink

http://www.mysticalscrapbooks.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=587_604&products_id=5234

 

Dusty Attic String Frame Small Chipboard

http://www.mysticalscrapbooks.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=583_894_898&products_id=5874

 

Dress My Craft Frosted Sugar Powder

http://www.mysticalscrapbooks.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=740_961&products_id=6326

 

Dimensional Magic

http://www.mysticalscrapbooks.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=565&products_id=3557


Till next time

Stay safe

Hugs

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment