Tuesday, July 6, 2021

KS4U July Layout

How are you today?

It's very cold here and I have got the heater on during the day. 
That doesn't happen very often so it must be cold.

I want to share a layout I created using a 6" paper pad from my July DT kit from KS4U.
They have got a 50% off sale on their Zibbet store only at the moment so check it out. Nothing better than getting beautiful things at bargain prices.

https://marketplace.zibbet.com/kraft-supplies-4-u


I recently purchased a course from Allison Davis called Sketches for 6" x 6" Paper Pads.

The idea is to use up your 6" paper pads on scrapbooking layouts. The course goes for 20 weeks and has a different sketch each week.

This layout was created using the sketch from Week 8.



The paper pad I used for this layout is from Basic Grey and is called Indian Summer

I have cut four 1 1/2" squares from 10 of the papers from the pad.
I did not use them all but having the variety gave me choices of what papers to place next to each other. I think I ended up using 29 squares.

I followed the sketch to place the squares on a 45 degree angle, inked all of the edges and then attached them with Art Glitter Glue.

I cut two piece of patterned paper, 3/8" x 6" and attached them to the top of the layout
 so they joined in the middle and looked like a 12" strip. 
I inked the bottom edge of these strips before I attached them.

Once they were in place I used my sewing machine and black thread to stitch straight lines through most of the squares.


I trimmed my photo down to 3 1/2" x 6" and matted it on white cardstock that is 1/4" wider and longer than the photo.


I inked the edge of the white cardstock, added some craft foam to the back of it and attached it to the page.


To embellish my page I used my Scan N Cut to cut some scalloped hearts from white cardstock and some plain hearts from three of the patterned papers I had used for the squares.


I inked the edges and layered the coloured hearts on top of the white ones.


These were attached to the layout around the edges of the photo.



The title was also cut on my Scan N Cut from black cardstock and attached underneath the photo.

The date the photo was taken was hand written under the title.



Click below to watch the process video.


As always, thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment