Sunday, July 25, 2021

Set of three floral cards

Good morning

Today I am sharing three cards I created just for fun.


All of the card bases are cut to 5 1/4" x 10 1/2", scored and folded at 5 1/4" on the long side
 then folded to make a 5 1/4" card.

Let's start with this card. It is probably the simplest of them all.


The stamp I have used is Woodware JGS447 Whimsical Flower - Daisy May.
I have stamped with Versamark Embossing Ink and 
embossed with Super Fine Detail Black Embossing Powder.

I used Kaisercraft's Brush Tip Markers to colour the image then fussy cut it.

I cut a piece of acetate 5" square and ran it though my Big Shot with a Daisy embossing folder from Couture Creations.

The flower was attached to the acetate using Art Glitter Glue.

This was then attached to a 5" square piece of white cardstock.

This panel was then added to the card base which was created from cream pearl cardstock.

To create the sentiment I heat embossed "happy" from 
Scrapbook.com's Happy Birthday To You stamp set and 
"Birthday" from Woodware's A Birthday Moment stamp set.

I trimmed these close to the text, inked the edges, mounted them on chipboard
and attached them to the front of the card


For the inside of the card I cut a piece of white cardstock 5" square 
and stamped the daisy image so it overhung the right hand edge of the cardstock.

I inked the edges of this panel and attached it to the inside of the card.



For the second card I cut a pieces of yellow cardstock 5" square.

I also cut two pieces of white cardstock,  one 5" square and the other 4 1/2" square.

Using an all over daisy designed stamp I heat embossed the image onto the 5"
 yellow piece and the 5" white piece of cardstock, being sure to line them up perfectly.

I used Mustard Seed and Carved Pumpkin Distress inks to colour the flowers on the white cardstock and Peeled Paint and Pine Needles Distress inks to colour the leaves. 
I applied the colour using a water brush.

I then trimmed 3/8" from each side of the stamped white panel, making this panel 4 1/4" square.

The floral panel was attached to the plain white cardstock and then attached to the yellow stamped panel.

This panel was then attached to a white card base.

The sentiment was die cut from yellow cardstock, 
mounted on a piece of white cardstock that is 3" x 1" 
and attached to the card front.


To add a little something to the inside of the card 
I mounted one of the pieces I trimmed from the edge of the stamped/coloured panel 
on some yellow cardstock and added that to the left hand edge of the inside panel.



I had fun making the flowers for this card.
I used Alcohol Inks on acetate.
I used Paper Mill alcohol inks in Poppy, Rose, Turquoise, Citrus, Emerald and Leaf. 
I also added some Shimmer Magenta, Shimmer Amethyst and Pearl to the mix.
I purchased all of my Alcohol inks from Riot Art

I added drops of the ink to the acetate and then used my 
Couture Creations blower/puffer tool to move the ink around.
Check the video out to see how much fun this was.

I used Stayz In Place Inkpad in Jet Black to stamp Woodware's Mini Scented Bloom
three times onto the dried acetate sheet.
I also stamped several of the leaves from Heartfelt Creations Botanical Rose stamp set.

This ink was not as dark and crisp as I would have liked it to be and I found I had to go over the image with a black permanent marker to be able to see it properly.

I fussy cut the flowers and leaves.

I cut two pieces of white cardstock, one 5" square and the other 4" square.
I ran these through my Big Shot with a 
Cuttlebug embossing folder that created an all over dot design 

I also cut a piece of yellow cardstock that was 4 1/4" square.

I attached the large piece of white cardstock to the yellow cardbase.

The small white cardstock was attached to the 4 1/4" yellow cardstock. 
This panel was then attached to the card front with a piece of chipboard behind it.

The flowers and leaves were attached to the front of the card
 and gems were added to the flower centres
 

On the inside of the card I added white cardstock measuring 5" x 3 1/4" to the centre.
I cut two strips of white cardstock 5" x 5/8" and two strips of the acetate 5" x 1/2".
The acetate was attached to the white cardstock and then one strip was attached 
at the top of the inside panel and the other to the bottom.

The process video is below


I hope you have enjoyed reading about my cards today. 
You may find it easier to follow my description if you watch the video.

Once again, thank you for spending part of your day here with me today.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment