Wednesday, July 21, 2021

KS4U Masculine Cards for July 2021

 Good morning

Today I am sharing three cards I created using my DT kit from KS4U

I have used a paper pad from Bazzill Basics called Timeless and as it is in the creams fawns and black colourings so I thought it would be ideal for a set of masculine cards.

All of the cards are 5.25" square and all of the patterned papers have been inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


Card No. 1

This is a gatefold card.
I cut my card base to 10.5" x 5.25" and scored at 2 5/8" and 7 7/8" then folded the edges
 into the centre on the score marks

I cut two pieces of patterned paper for the front of the card at 2 3/8" x 5"

The three pieces of white cardstock that form the pennants across the front of the card are
 3 1/2" x 1 1/4" with a fishtail cut into one end
The patterned papers on top of the pennants are 3 1/4" x 1"

A piece of white cardstock was cut to 2 7/8" x 3/4" to hold the greeting

The greeting is stamped using one of the stamps in the Woodware - Word Fragments stamp set and StazOn Jet Black Ink

A piece of the same patterned paper that is on the front panels was trimmed to 5" square and added to the inside of the card.


Card No. 2

For this card I have two patterned papers and a piece of white cardstock layered on top of each other to form the base of the front panel. The edges of these papers have been distressed using my Prima Distressing tool before I applied the ink.

Paper sizes are:-
Patterned paper 1 - 5 1/8" square
White cardstock 4 7/8" square
Patterned paper 2 - 4 3/4" square.

I added a small black brad to each corner of this panel

To add a little colour to the card I cut a piece of teal burlap to about 4" square and added that to the front of the card.

I used my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board to create a 3 1/4" x 2 3/4" envelope from patterned paper. This was attached on top of the burlap

Using my Spellbinders Label One dies I cut a square frame white cardstock to fit inside of the envelope.
This is where I added my computer generated greeting.

I had planned on leaving the white greeting panel loose in the envelope so it could be
 taken in and out but I did not like the way it moved around as the card was handled
 so I attached it to the envelope with a dab of glue


Card No. 3

I decided to use a black background panel for this card so I cut a piece of 
black cardstock to 5 1/4" square which will be attached to the white card base.

I also cut a 4 1/4" square and a 4 1/4" x 2" piece of the same black cardstock

Patterned papers were cut to 5 1/8" and 4 1/8" squares.

The 4 1/8" patterned paper was attached to the 4 1/4" black cardstock 
and a black brad was attached in each corner.

The 5 1/8" patterned paper was attached to the 5 1/4" black cardstock and then 
attached to the white card base.

I wrapped some fibres around the remaining piece of black cardstock 
and attached that to the middle of the 4 1/8" piece of patterned paper.

I used my Spellbinders Circle dies to cut a circle from black cardstock that is 
approximately 2 1/2" in diameter and a 2 3/8" circle from a patterned paper.
 These were attached to each other.

I made three small pennants from a scrap of the patterned paper that were 5/8" x 1"
 and matted these on some black cardstock.

The greeting is another of my computer generated greeting that I have matted on black cardstock.

The pennants and the greeting were attached to the circle 
and then attached to the card with some craft foam behind it.


You can see the full process video below


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment