Monday, August 16, 2021

Accordion Fold Card

Accordion Fold Card

I saw this card on YouTube the other day and had to make one.

The video was by Michelle Pepper. You will find Michelle's video here.

Michelle has used metric measurements (cms) but I wanted to use inches
so I have made a few adjustments.

My finished card is 6" x 4"


I have used 240gsm white cardstock for my card base.

I cut 1 piece 6" x 11 1/2"
1 piece 6" x 9 1/4"
16 pieces 3" x 2 15/16"

The 16 pieces are slightly narrower in one direction, 
this is so there is a small gap between the two levels when they are attached to the card
 and do not catch on each other.

Using the 11 1/2" cardstock I scored at 
3/4", 1 1/2", 2 1/4", 3", 3 3/4", 4 1/2", 5 1/4", 6", 6 3/4", and 7 1/2".

Using the 9 1/4" cardstock I scored at 
3/4", 1 1/2", 2 1/4", 3", 3 3/4", 4 1/2", and 5 1/4".

Use mountain and valley folds on each of these score lines starting with a mountain fold on the first scoreline after the 4" unscored section.

Use liquid glue to attach the two pieces at the folded edges so you have a 4" section, 
the accordion folds and then another 4" piece.

I have used DCWV Love & Grow patterned paper to decorate this card.

I cut 3 pieces 5 3/4" x 3 3/4"
16 pieces 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".

I inked the edges of each of these papers.

I attached the 3" x 2 15/16" to the inside of the card.
If you are using directional patterned paper, as I am, you will need to mark the top of you squares so the 3" side is from left to right and the 2 15/16" side is from the top to bottom.

I attached 8 at the top of the card starting at the right hand mountain.

Add a thin line of glue to the right hand back of one of the white cardstock pieces.
Attach the cardstock to the left hand edge of the first mountain.

Continue along all of the mountain folds, lining the cardstock as you go.

Attach the last 8 pieces of cardstock to the bottom area of the card.
These are attached to the right hand edge of the mountain.

You might find it easier to follow my instructions if you have a quick look at my video below

The letters were cut from black cardstock using Kaisercraft's Alphabet Upper Case die.


I have used 1" satin ribbon to tie the card closed.
Double sided tape holds the ribbon in place on the front of the card.
Do not attach it anywhere else.

The larger piece of patterned paper are attached to the front, inside front, and inside back of the card.

To embellish the card front I fussy cut three Woodware Mini Scented Blooms, that were stamped onto white cardstock with StazOn Jet Black Ink. The centre was coloured using a finger dauber and some Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink.

I die cut Uniquely Creative Little Leaves die from some white cardstock.
 These were attached to the front of the card with glue.


Here is my video if you would like to check it out.


Well thank you for spending part of my day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment