Wednesday, August 18, 2021

KS4U August Layout

Hello hello

Today I am sharing a layout I created using supplies from my KS4U August DT kit.

You will find KS4U here


.

I have used My Minds Eye (MME) Sunshine 6" Paper pad for the patterned paper
 on a cream cardstock background.

All papers have had the edges inked with black ink.

I cut 2 pieces 2 1/2" x 6" of the text print paper and
2 pieces 4" x 6" of the green spot paper.
These will be used to create two strips of patterned paper down the left hand edge of the layout.

I cut a piece of navy cardstock 1 1/4" x 12" and attached the 
beautiful cream zig zag edged lace, from the kit, to it using Art Glitter Glue.
This piece was then layered between the two patterned papers I cut previously.

A beautiful scroll piece of chipboard from the kit was given a coat of 
white acrylic paint and then a coat of navy acrylic paint.
When the paint was dry I attached the chipboard to the left hand edge of the layout.

The yellow spot paper was selected from the paper pad and trimmed to 6" x 6"
This was then attached over the top of all of the other layers.

The 7" x 5" photo was matted onto white cardstock that measures 5 1/8" x 7 1/8" 
and then onto navy cardstock that measures 5 1/4" x 7 1/4"

The photo, which has chipboard attached behind it, 
was added to the page about 1" in from the left hand edge of the 
yellow spot patterned paper and centre from top to bottom of that same patterned paper.

To decorate the layout I cut 18 pennants from two of the patterned papers
 and attached them at the top of the page so they
 over lapped each other and formed a couple of loops.
 

I used Die-namics Just the Ticket die to cut a ticket from navy cardstock. I cut this in half lengthwise and added that at the top of the photo between the photo and the yellow spot paper.

I also cut three arrow heads from Kaisercraft DD501 Arrows die and attached them on the right hand edge of the layout with the smallest arrow head slightly overlapping the photo.

The title and journalling was printed onto a yellow cardstock 
from the pad and matted onto navy cardstock.
This was attached to the layout with a piece of scrap chipboard behind it.

The final touches were some spots added to the top of the pennants
 using Scribbles, very similar to Nuvo Drops
and a good coat of Glossy Accents to the three arrow heads.

Here is my process video. I hope you enjoy watching it.


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment