Friday, October 1, 2021

Mystical Scrapbooking's September Challenge

Good morning folks

Today's layout is for the September challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks.
You will find the challenge here.

The theme for the month is "Challenge Yourself" 
and the challenge I have set is to use the Gladwrap (plastic wrap) technique.
If you do not know of this technique I show you how it is done 
at the beginning of the video below.
I have used this technique to create the background for my layout.

The featured product for the month is patterned paper and I am using 


The sprays I used for my background are:-

Glimmermist - Pumpkin Spice, Sandy Beach and Iridescent Gold
Dylusions Ink Spray - Lemon Zest
Chalkboard Spray - Firefly
Perfect Pearls Mist - Mandarin

All of the patterned papers have had the edges inked using a black ink cube.

The grid papers are cut 3 1/2" x 4". 
I cut 2 each from - Home Grown, Take Flight and Family Ties

Each of these 6 rectangles were then matted onto 
black cardstock so I had a 1/16" border on all sides.

I used a die to cut my pennants, but you could just cut small triangles, 
from Wall of Frame paper and then matted these onto black cardstock.

I also cut one of the larger frames from the Wall of Frame paper to hold my journaling.

Using Lifestyle Craft's Nesting Flower die I cut four layers from Home Grown
and four from Wall of Frame.
After I had inked the edges I scrunched them up to add some interest and dimension.
Art Glitter glue was used to attach the layers to each other.
One of the small wood buttons in the centre completed each flower.


I cut some leaves from the Family Ties paper using my Memory Box Cottage Leaf die.

I had also fussy cut several flowers from the Home Grown paper
to embellish the page. 

I cut a strip of Home Grown and Family Ties 3 1/2" long. 
I matted the Home Grown paper on black cardstock
and punched one of the long edges on the Family Ties paper
 using a Matha Stewart punch. 
I punched some black cardstock and matted the Family Ties paper onto it.


These two strips along with two of the larger fussy cut flowers
create a cluster at the top left area of my page.

A small fussy cut flower is attached at each end of my banner.
I also added a blue gem to the centre of each pennant.

I added Nuvo Jewel Drops - Sea Breeze to the centres of each fussy flower.

I have heat embossed the chipboard before attaching it to the layout.

I have a video showing 6 ways that I colour chipboard and this technique was one of them.
Here is the video if you would like to have a look at how I did this.


That completes my layout for today



Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment