Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Art Journal page after three attempts

Hi there.

Well this art journal page was a long time in the making. 
I was finally happy with it after the third attempt.


I am not going to try to explain all of the processes here but would urge you to check out the video which will be at the bottom of this post to see everything I did on this page.

I was so happy with my first background but the focal point was a disappointment to me. 
I have to say I will be trying this idea for a page again 
but will have to come up with a better layout for the feathers.


You can see all of the texture in the background. This is created using feather die cuts.

To colour the background I have used acrylic paints in an assortment of greens and blues.

I applied the paint with a sponge in a "pouncing" motion 
to ensure I got the colour right down to the bottom level.

To add more interest to the background I used 
Dylusions Anatomy of a Page stamp and Archival Ink in Jet black
to stamp randomly all over the page.

I also watered down some white acrylic paint and used my fan brush to splatter white onto the page.

Gold Glimmermist was sprayed onto the background, quite liberally, 
to help hi-light all of the texture from the die cuts.

I dried this off using my heat tool

To create the flowers I stamped three of Heartfelt Creations Blooming Dahlia
stamp with Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed them with Clear embossing powder

I did the same for the leaves using a stamp by My Stamps that I have had in my stash for over 15 years.

I used my Hero Arts blending brushes to apply Mustard Seed, Candied Apple and Carved Pumpkin Distress Inks to the flowers and a domed blending tool to add Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks to the leaves.

Once I had fussy cut all of my elements, I used my Art Glitter Glue to attach them to the page.

To add shading to the page I used my black Stabillo All pencil.


The quote for this page came from Art by Marlene's Artsy Arabia Black & White sticky quotes book.
I attached these to the page using Art Glitter Glue to ensure they stayed attached.

To finish off my page I used my Fineliner bottle with some watered down white acrylic paint, to create a scribbly border around the page and the quote.

So many other processes and products were used on this page and I really hope you will check out the video to see just what went into the making of this page.


I really appreciate the time you have spent here with me today.

Please leave me a comment so I know you have been here.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment