Friday, September 24, 2021

Three Navy & Gold Christmas Cards

Good morning

Today I have got three Christmas cards to share with you.

I have chosen navy and gold for these cards.

I have used Kaisercraft Dove cardstock for all of the card bases which are 5 1/4" square

The patterned paper I have used are
 Kaisercraft - Starry Night - Striking
Kaisercraft - First Noel - Calm
Kaisercraft - First Noel - Starry
Kaisercraft - First Noel - Evergreen

All of the patterned papers and cardstock have been inked using a black ink cube.


Card No. 1

I have layered a piece of gold cardstock, which is 5" square and a piece of Striking patterned paper that is 4 3/4" square onto my card base.

A piece of the Dove cardstock that is 5 1/4" x 1 1/2" has been put through my Big Shot with Sizzix 3D embossing folder Mosaic Gems


To create the flower I stamped Heartfelt Creations Sparkling Poinsettia stamp,
 onto Evergreen patterned paper, with Versafine Onyx Black ink 
and added clear embossing powder before heat setting the flowers.
 I stamped all four layers of the flower.
These were then fussy cut and shaped using my flower shaping tool.
To add a little spark I squeezed three drops of Pops of Colour - Glitter Champagne (similar to Nuvo Drops) into the centre of the poinsettia.
To add a little more texture to the front of the card I attached a piece of fine gold tulle behind the Dove cardstock strip before I added it to the card front.


The sentiment is from a sheet I printed from my computer which is matted on some of the same gold cardstock that I used as the bottom layer on the card.
The flower was attached using foam tape and the sentiment was attached using Art Glitter Glue

To add a little something to the inside of this card I stamped two of the
poinsettia flower so they overhung the bottom right corner.

Card No. 2

I used a normal 5 1/4" card-base plus a piece of Dove that was 5 1/4" x 5 3/4" that I scored at 5 1/4" on the 5 3/4" edge.
I used glue and attached the 1/2" flap flap of the smaller piece 
to the right hand edge of the 5 1/4"  card-base.

Laying the three panels out flat I measured down 1 1/2" on the left hand edge of the trifold card
and draw a line from the top right corner of the card to the mark I had just made. 
I used my scissors to cut along this line. 

Now I have my trifold cardbase


I cut three panels of Striking patterned paper to mat the three panels
 that you see when the card is open and flat. 
I left a 1/8" border around each piece of patterned paper

To decorate this card I fussy cut multiple Christmas trees from the Evergreen patterned paper and attached them to each of the three panels on the inside of the card and the back of the centre panel.

For a place to write my personal message I attached a piece of the 
Dove cardstock that measures 5" x 1 1/2" to the bottom of the right hand panel.


The sentiment for this card is cut from the Calm patterned paper and attached to the front of the card. 
I also added a scattering of random words to the second panel.


Once again I used the Pop of Colour Glitter Champagne to add sparkle to some of the trees.

Card 3.


I have cut a piece of navy cardstock, a piece of packaging actually, that is 5" square,
a piece of Calm that is 4 3/4" square and a piece of gold that is 4" square.

I used my distressing tool to distress all of the edges before inking them.
They were then attached to my card-base.

I cut the branding strips from the patterned papers and 
along with some of the navy cardstock
created a Christmas tree for the front of my card.

The lengths of the papers are
3 1/4", 2 1/2", 2 1/4" 1 7/8", 1 1/2", 1 1/4", 7/8" and 1/2"

I also created a pot for my Christmas tree using the navy cardstock.

To further embellish the card I used my bow die to create a small white bow to go on the pot 
and my 3/8" star punch to add a gold star to the top of the tree.

The sentiment was cut from the Calm patterned paper and attached to the front of the card with glue. 


On the inside I added a 1 1/2" x 5" strip of Striking to the left hand edge 
of the back inside panel and stamped two of the small Christmas trees
 from Kaisercraft Sparkle stamp set in the bottom right hand section.

So there we have my three cards for today

Here is my process video


I hope you enjoy my video.
In the description box of the video I also have links 
to more of my Christmas cards. You might find them interesting.

Thank you for being here with me today

Until next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

Poinsettia Stamp (Similar)

https://shrsl.com/366b8

Big Shot

https://shrsl.com/366b2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment