Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Vintage Christmas Cards

Good morning

Today I am sharing three vintage Christmas cards.

All three cards are 5" square, created using Coredintaions Vanilla Cream cardstock.

Each card also uses Bo Bunny's Father Christmas paper range from 2011.
All of the paper layers have been distressed using my Prima Distressing tool and a black ink cube.


OK let's start with 
Card No. 1



The two background layers are 4 3/4" square and 4 1/2" square

The strip of red patterned paper is 2" x 4" and the cream cardstock is 1 1/2" x 4"

The square patterned papers are attached to the card base with double sided tape

There is a piece of chipboard between the red patterned paper strip and the lace,  
(the lace is a gift from my Mum)
which is attached with liquid glue

Three sparking red poinsettia (a gift from my Mum) are attached down the length of the cream cardstock, 
also attached with liquid glue

The sentiment is stamped using Versafine Onyx Black ink and a stamp from
Kaisercraft's Christmas Edition stamp set.

I die cut the sentiment using a lacy rectangle die, added a piece of chipboard behind it
and attached it to my card front.

The inside of the card


I have cut a piece of red patterned paper 1 1/4" x 4 1/2" and a green piece 3/4" x 4 1/2".
These have been layered onto each other and attached to the left of the inside back panel.

The greeting is stamped using Versafine Onyx Black ink and Kaisercraft's Christmas Greetings stamp set.
This was then covered with clear embossing powder and set using my heat tool.

Card No. 2


Each of the patterned paper layers on this card are matted on a piece of cream cardstock.

Paper sizes are:-
Patterned paper No1. 4 3/4" square
Patterned paper No.2 4 1/4" square 
Cream Cardstock 4 1/2" square and 3 1/4" square.

For the focal point on the front of the card I used an image from the cut-a-part sheet which is 3" square.

Between the cut-a-part image and the 3 1/4" cream cardstock 
I have added a 4" square piece of glitter tulle.

On the inside


I cut "Merry Christmas" from Uniquely Creative's Holly Jolly Christmas 6" paper pack
and  matted it onto a 2 1/2" square piece of patterned paper.

I stamped and heat embossed a Christmas tree from a free stamp set I received with a magazine.
The magazine was Creative Cardmaking.

I added dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops in Autumn Red to the heat embossed tree.

Card No. 3


This card has all of the patterned papers matted on gold mirror card.

The patterned papers measure 4 3/4" square, 4 1/4" square and 3 1/8" x 3 5/8"

The gold card is 4 1/2" square and 3 1/2" x 3 5/8"

on the smallest piece of patterned paper I have put Decofoil Transfer Gel Duo
through a Christmas tree stencil.
When the gel was dry I added gold foil using my brayer.

Inside the card


I cut a piece of patterned paper 4 1/2" square and attached it to the inside of the card.

I used another "free with magazine" stamp to stamp and heat emboss
a sentiment to the patterned paper.
The magazine was Australian Papercraft Essentials

Here is my process video
I hope you will check it out


Well that's it for today
Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment