Thursday, January 13, 2022

Design Team layout for Off the Rails Scrapbooking's January 2022 challenge

Good morning

The challenge over at Off the Rails Scrapbooking this month is 
Re-use, Recycle & Repurpose.
I have interpreted that as using items from my stash that have been there for many years.
You will find the challenge here.

The photos on my layout are of my Mum taken while we were celebrating her 89th birthday
in December 2021


The chipboard frame has been in my stash for so many years 
I have no idea where I got it or what brand it is.

I have given it a coat of Gesso then sprayed it with Tattered Angels Chalkboard spray in white
and when that was dry I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmermist in Iridescent Gold.

The patterned papers are from a 12" paper pad by DCWV called Love & Grace.
I purchased this pad from Spotlight a few years ago also.

I used Art Glitter glue to attach a patterned paper to the back of the frame

I trimmed the background patterned paper to 11 1/2" square
and attached it to a 1" white cardstock frame.
I took this to my sewing machine and stitched a row of zig zag 
and a row of straight stitching around the edge of the patterned paper

The frame was then attached to the background using my hot glue gun

The two 6" x 4" photos were attached to the layout using foam squares so they sat flat over the frame.

To embellish the layout I cut a 3" x 4" cut apart from one of the sheets of patterned paper,
cut the top so it looked like a tag, then heat embossed around the edge of it

I used my Crop-O-Dile to add a gold eyelet to the tag.
 I threaded some sheer gold ribbon through the eyelet.

Using Woodware's Mini Garden Spray stamp, I stamped and heat embossed
the flowers onto white cardstock. I used the same gold embossing powder.

I fussy cut these flowers.


I used my hot glue gun to attache the tag and the flowers to the layout.

The tiny embroidered flowers and leaves were another item from my stash and had been given to me by my Mum. I loved the idea of using them on this layout about her.

I added a coat of Wink of Stella to the flowers. Unfortunately I picked up the white one instead of the clear one and instead of giving my flowers a nice sparkle I managed to dull down the gold detail of the heat embossing.

*Note* I used a baby wipe to wipe over the flowers a day or so later and luckily removed a good amount of the white

The title is heat embossed chipboard numbers. 
I have used the same embossing powder I used 
for all of the other heat embossing.

I have used Art Glitter glue to attach the title to the bottom right of the frame 


Here is my process video if you would like to watch this layout come together


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment