Saturday, January 1, 2022

January Challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks

Good morning and Happy New Year to you.

My post today is to share my Design Team layout for January's challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks

The theme for the month is Techniques and the highlighted product is ribbon & twine.
The ribbons and twine will be on sale for the month so don't forget to check them out.

The challenge that I have set is to use the "Smooshing" technique on your layout and to incorporate a ribbon or twine bow.

Here is my layout


There are eight photos and they are each 3" square.

I have used Distress and Distress Oxide inks for my smooching.
The paper I have used for my background is Bee Arty - Love & Grace - Adele

The inks I have used are 
Distress Oxides Speckled Egg & Salty Ocean

If you are unsure of how to do the "Smooshing" technique check out my process video below.
It is very simple and lots of fun.

I also added random stamping on my background using Versafine Onyx Black ink

I have used Bee Arty Love & Grace - Portia patterned paper and white cardstock
to die cut an assortment of flowers.

The dies I used are
Uniquely Creatives Little Leaves
Couture Creations CO724161
Cheery Lyn B311 Chrysanthimum Strip
and one other die that I do not know the name of.


I inked the edges of the flower layers, shaped them with my flower shaping tools 
and assembled them using my Art Glitter Glue.

I filed around each of the photos with an emery board before attaching them to my background.

Next the flower embellishments were attached

A Bakers Twine bow sits amongst the left hand floral cluster


The title was cut from black cardstock using Kaisercraft's DD700 Alphabet Upper Case Die,
attached to the right hand side of the layout and given a coat of Glossy Accents

To finish the layout off I added a scribbly boarder of slightly 
watered down black acrylic paint in my 

Here is my process video so you can see how I created this layout, including the "smooshing" on the background


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment