Friday, April 22, 2022

Mystical Scrapbooks April 2022 Cyber Crop

Good morning

My layout today is for the April Cyber Crop over at Mystical Scrapbooks. You will find the crop here.

This month the theme is colour palettes and for this particular challenge you can choose any colour you like but your project has to be monochromatic, meaning you can use any number of shades of your chosen colour with a minimal amount of black and white.

I have chosen pink for my colour.


I have chosen Uniquely Creative's Serendipity patterned papers to use today

I started with white cardstock for my background

I added Modelling Paste coloured with Starfish Glimmermist through TCW Two Hearts stencil.
This added a lot of pink to the background and minimised the white.

I splattered the background with Artiste Spritzing Ink in Black Night, Glimmermist Cherub Pink and Glimmermist Iridescent Gold

The final addition to the background was random stamping using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and Kazzaz Reason Season Lifetime, Kaisercraft Grid and Kaisercraft Numbers stamps.


I cut two strips of deep pink and two strips of pale pink cardstock to 1/2" x 12, inked the edges with my Versa Color Black Ink cube and attached them to each other with the light pink on top and about 1/4" of the dark pink showing above it.
I added a torn strip of pink washi tape to each of these strips and a pice of pink glitter washi layered on the first washi tape.

These were attached to the top and bottom of my page.

Time now to start with my patterned papers. 

I cut:-
Serendipity - Adore - 10 1/2" x 2"
Serendipity - Providence 1 1/4" x 12" and 3/4" x 12",
I used the floral side for the 1 1/4" piece and the woodgrain side for the 3/4" piece

I inked the edges with my black ink cube

I used double sided tape to attach these to the centre of my layout, layering them on top of each other, widest paper on the bottom working up to the narrowest paper.

I also added two small strips of the glitter washi so they will poke out from 
behind the photo when I attach it.

I am using a 6" x 4" photo, I have filed around the edge of the photo with an emery board before attaching it to a 6 1/4" x 4 1/4" piece of the dark pink cardstock.

To give my photo some lift I have added a piece of sticky backed craft foam before attaching it to the layout slightly above centre.

To embellish my layout I have fussy cut a doily from Serendipity - Carefree and selected several items from Uniquely Creative's Gums & Roses Creative Cuts pack.

I have inked the edges and attached them to my layout

The title is a tag from the Creative Cuts pack, I have added some pink ribbon and attached it to the layout with sticky backed craft foam behind it



Here is my process video if you would like to check out


Don't forget to check out the Cyber Crop, they are always fun and there are prizes to be won.

Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment