Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Fun Fold Shabby Chic Cards

I have got three fun fold cards to share with you today.


Card No. 1






I have used mauve cardstock for the base of this card

I cut pieces
11" x 4 1/4", 10 3/4" x 3 1/4" and 3 1/4" x 2 1/4"

I score and fold
the 11" piece at 2 3/4" & 5 1/2"
the 10 3/4" piece at 3 1/2"  & 6 1/2"
so both pieces resemble a Z

I have used Denise Boddey Day Dream Story Book - Dreams patterned paper.

I cut pieces
5 1/4" x 4"
2 @ 4" x 2 1/2"
3 1/4" x 3"
3" x 2 3/4"
4" x 3"

I also fussy cut the label with the florals attached from Denise Boddey ay Dream Story Book - Chapters patterned paper.

I used my Distress Tool and Black ink to distress the edges of all of the patterned papers.

The patterned papers are then attached to the two card panels. 
I have used double sided tape but you could also use glue if you wish.

I attached the smaller piece of cardstock to the larger piece of cardstock by attaching a piece of 1/2" double sided tape at both ends of the 10 3/4" piece of cardstock and layering it on top of the other piece so the larger section, of the 10 3/4" piece, is on the top of the card and the right hand edge is approx 1/2" from the right hand edge of the bottom panel.

The fussy cut piece is attached to the 3 1/4" x 2 1/4" piece of cardstock.
This is then attached to the front of the card with sticky backed foam behind it.

The sentiment is a stamp from the Woodware Word Fragments stamp set. I have stamped with Versafine Embossing Ink and heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.

Card No. 2




The cardbase for this card is Bazzill - Tutu Pink

I cut pieces
7" x 5 1/4" and 4" x 4"

I have scored and folded the 7" piece at 4 1/4" and the 4" piece at 1".

The smaller piece of cardstock is attached to the right hand edge of the larger piece so the fold butts up to the right hand edge and it is centred between the top and bottom of the card


I have cut pieces
5" x 4"
2 @ 2 1/2" x 5"
2 @ 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"


Once agin the edges have been distressed with my distressing tool and black ink.

The patterned paper is attached to the card panels using double sided tape.

To embellish this card I have cut Circle Frame Medium Chipboard in half and coated it with Gesso.
I attached the chipboard to the front of the card, next I layered a 4" strip if white lace and a fussy cut floral cluster from the same patterned paper.

The sentiment, once again came from the Woodware Word Fragments stamp set 
It is attached to the front of the card with a piece of scrap chipboard behind it.

Final touch for this card was to add three drops of Nuvo Drops - Morning Dew 
to the top and bottom of the left hand front panel.

Card No. 3



I have not made this style of card before.

It is a pocket with a decorated insert for your personal message or you could attach a gift card.

I have used a light green cardstock for this card.

I cut pieces
5 1/2" x 10 1/2" and 4 3/4" x 4 3/4"

I scored and folded the 10 1/2" piece at 5" and 10" on the long edge and 5" on the narrow edge
This is going to make a 5" square pocket

I cut the corner where the two fold lines meet out 
and the bottom 1/2" folded section on the other section of the cardstock.
You can see this more clearly in my YouTube video.

I have added double sided tape to the side and bottom tabs and folded the pocket in half 
using the tape to join the two sides together to form a pocket.

The patterned paper I am using for this card is Denise Boddey Designs - Elegance - Style

I cut 
2 @ 4 3/4" x 4 3/4"
2 @ 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"

Once again the edges have been distressed.

The patterned papers are attached to the pocket and the insert with double sided tape.

Before adding the patterned paper to one side of the insert use liquid glue to attach a piece of lace to make it easier to take your tag in and out of the pocket.

I used a circle die to cut a part circle from the top of the pocket. 
You could use a circle punch if you prefer.

To embellish the insert I fussy cut the castle from the patterned paper and attached it to the front. 
The back is for your personal message and/or to attach a gift card.

To embellish the front of the pocket I used liquid glue 
to attach 5 rows of lace to the bottom 3/4 of the pocket.

A piece of chipboard foliage, that has had a coat of Gesso, was layered onto of the lace 
and a fussy cut floral piece was added on top of that.

I used Craft Barn- Primrose Stamp & Die set to cut the flower from the same patterned paper.

A good coat of Wink of Stella Clear added sparkle to the chipboard.

The sentiment is from Uniquely Creative.

So these are the three cards for today.

For more detail you can see me create these cards in this video


If you have any questions please leave them in the comments below and I will get back to you.

Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment