Friday, May 20, 2022

Mystical Scrapbooks May Cyber Crop

Good morning

The May Cyber Crop is on this weekend over at Mystical Scrapbooks
You will find it here.

The theme for this month is 1, 2, 3. and there are three challenges.

The challenge my layout is created for is to use 1 piece of chipboard, 2 photos and a 3 word title.

Here is my layout


I have used Colour Blast Limited Editions and Love & Grace papers for this layout

I cut two 2" x 12" piece of Limited Edition - Real Deal
and tore a piece of Love & Grace - Portia to approximately 12" x 10"

Using the Portia paper I applied Modelling Paste through Dusty Attic's Criss Cross stencil

I sprayed Tattered Angels Chalkboard -Teal High Heel to three areas of the paper
and added water to help it to spread out over the page
A light spray with Docraft's Artiste Spritzing Ink - Mint 
adds a little visual dimension to the sprayed colour.

Using the Mint ink and DoCraft Spritzing Ink - Black Night, I added splatters to the background.

Once all of the mixed media was dry, I used StayzOn Jet Black Ink and 
Kazzaz - Life's Moments Background stamp 
to add random stamping to the layout.

I distressed and inked the two pieces of Real Deal paper and 
attached them to the top and bottom of my 
background piece to build it back up to 12" x 12"

I used the Black Night Spritzing ink and a brush to colour a frame 
from Memory Maze Junky Frame & Arrows chipboard pack.
I also sprayed the chipboard with Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Iridescent Gold.
The chipboard is attached to my layout using Art Glitter glue

I have used an emery board to file around the edges of my photos 
and matted them onto black cardstock.
Scrap cardboard was added to the backs of the photos 
before they were attached to the layout overlapping the chipboard.

To create the title I used Kaisercraft DD700 Alphabet Upper Case 
and Die-namics High Rise Numbers dies and black cardstock.

The final touch was to add some white splatters to the background. 
To do this I watered down some white acrylic paint and used my fan brush.





Here is my process video
I hope you enjoy watching it


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today
Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment