Sunday, May 15, 2022

Retro TV Program Competition at Mystical Scrapbooks

Good Morning

Today is the start of week 3 of the Retro TV Program Competition at Mystical Scrapbooks

The program for this week is Lassie
The colour palette is Spring Colours
The required item is a flower
The technique is Fussy Cutting
and the optional kit item is twine.

Here is my layout


The papers I have used on this layout are from Cocoa Vanilla's These Days paper collection.

I cut a piece of Family Ties 3' x 12" and 5" x 12" and used both sides to create the two strips down the left hand edge of the layout

An 8" square piece of Home Grown is used to matt my photos.

I have a 5" x 7" photo and two 3" x 4" photos on this layout
I have filed around the edge of each photo with an emery board
before using double sided tape to attach them to the Home Grown paper.

I then took all of my papers to my sewing machine and stitched around the edge of them, including the sheet of Pretty Posies that I am using for my background

I ran a double layer of the twine from the kit along the bottom of my photo panel and then backed the panel with scrap cardboard

Time now to attach all of my papers to the background page.

I have fussy cut some flowers and a butterfly from the Home Grown paper, inked the edges
and used liquid glue to attach them to my page.

A wooden button and a fussy cut pennant added to the 
top right of the photo matt complete my embellishments

The title is also fussy cut from the papers 
and attached to the layout with some scrap chipboard behind it.

I added some white acrylic paint splatters to finish.



Here is my process video. I hope you enjoy watching it.


As always, thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment