Wednesday, February 6, 2013

This post I am going to share with you an album I made to hold the photos from Mum's 80th birthday party. Mum and I made one each when she was here staying just after her party. Mum's is in different colours.

I bought the instructions for this album from Cathy Orta on the internet.

I am really happy with it. It holds heaps of photos, in fact more photos than I had to put in it.

This is the outside. It is about 12.5" wide and 10.25" tall. The doily under the Prima flowers is cut using a Cheery Lyn Italian Flourish Doily Die. The chipboard under the catch is cut using a Tim Holtz On the Edge Die called Ornate. I have painted it with black acrylic paint then stamped with gold ink and Kaisercraft Chicken Wire Clear stamp then a bit of doodling with a gold pen.


The two top covers open out to reveal a 8" x 5" flap on the outer edge and 3 double sided pockets on each side of the centre section. Each of the 3 double pockets has space on the back and front for a photo and holds a tag that has a photo on each side



When you open the flaps on each side of the album you are presented with space of a large photo and 3 pockets in which to slide tags with photos on both sides.


Then the 6 double sided pockets in the middle of the album open out to reveal a large 10.25 x 8.5" photo mat. A photo can be placed on the front and back of this flap.


When the flap is lifted up there are 3 large pockets for more photos or you could put birthday cards or christmas cards or other memorabilia from whatever the occasion is that you are scrapping. i had run out of photos by this stage so mine are empty


This photo show the tag coming out of one of the centre double photo pockets


So as I said, I am pretty happy with this album and I hope Mum likes her's too.

Ray has sold his ute to my nephew and it goes tomorrow. I think he will be quite sad to see it go. It has been a part of his life for 10 or so years now and I think it will leave a bit of a void for a while. Still having said that he it already thinking about buying another motorbike so hopefully that might fill the gap.

I tried a new exercise class today call Chi Ball. It has a bit of Tai Chi a bit of pilates and a bit of yoga in it. I quite enjoyed it and am waiting to see how I feel in the morning with regard to stiffness. I plan on going to Yogalates tomorrow to see what that is about. It is supposed to be part Yoga and part Pilates. I am looking forward to trying it. I should just have a nice walk along the Torrens each day but for some reason I just cant seem to get off my lazy arse and do it.

I seem to have fallen into a bit of a hole as far as scrapbooking is concerned. I started a double layout about 10 days ago and have not finished it yet. Just don't seem to be able to get excited about it.

Anyway that's about it for this post
Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Cheers
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment