Monday, December 10, 2018

Christmas Cards No 5 2018

Todays post is so that I can share my latest Christmas card video with you.

You can see it here

These are the cards.

I have used Kaisercraft's Sparkle range for all of the cards today. I have cut my own card bases, they are all 4" x 6". All of the papers have been inked before being used.


I started with a pink card base for this card. I used Die-Namics Mix and Match Banner die to cut 5 of the fish tail banners and the smallest die from Lifestyle Crafts Nested Lace Circles die set to cut 5 circles. I matted the banner pieces on black cardstock

The white cardstock is 5 1/2' x 3 1/2".

The banner was attached to the white panel using a sewing machine. I also stitched the patterned paper to it's mat that holds the Christmas greeting

The size of the greeting matt will depend on the size of your greeting. I have printed an assortment of greeting in different sizes and fonts and printed them out and use the one that I think best fits the space and the style of the card.

I folded the circles in half and then glued them over some twine, to form a half circle banner. This was attached to the panel using brads.

The panel was then attached to the card base using foam tape and the greeting panel was attached using foam tape too.


I cut a piece of patterned paper 5 7/8" x 3 7/8" and put it through my Big Shot with an embossing folder.

The fishtail banner is 3 1/5" long and 1 1/2" deep.

To cut the Christmas trees I cut a rectangle that was 3" x 1 1/2", found the middle point on one of the shorter edges and then using my scissors cut from the corner of the other short ent to the point I  had just marked, then repeated this for the other side. I made 3 of these and attached them to the card using double sided tape. I cut a small gold star using my Nellie's Multi Frame Star die and attached that to the top of the trees.

I then chose a greeting, matted it on some patterned paper and attached it to the card using foam tape.


Four strips of patterned paper 3/4" by 5" with a fish tail cut out of one end were embossed using a Cuttlebug Embossing folder and my Big Shot.

A piece of patterned paper,  4" x 1 1/4" was punched on each long edge and then matted on a piece of darker patterned papers with about 1/4" extended past the top and bottom of the punched piece. This was attached at about the middle of the card using foam tape.

The white cardstock was cut to 3" x 1 1/2" and embossed with the same folder as I used on the patterned paper. The Christmas tree, which was stamped using one of the stamps from Kaisercraft's Sparkle clear stamp set then heat embossed, was attached to the centre of the white cardstock then attached to the front of the card using foam tape at the top and double sided tape in the middle so it would sit level.

The greeting is a rub on from Kaisercraft.


This card uses the waste from cutting out the Christmas tree I used in the previous card.

I cut a piece of patterned paper 5 3/4" x 3 3/4" and attached that to the card base.

Next I cut 7 pieces of patterned paper 1/2" by 3 3/4" and attached them to the card front, approximately central.

I tied a piece of twine around the pink negative cut out panel and a gold star to the top of the tree and then attached that to the card using foam tape.

The matted greeting was also attached with foam tape.


The papers on this card were all distressed as well as inked. The background panel is 5 3/4" x 3 3/4".

The larger fishtail banner is 3" x 5" and the other one is 2 1/2" x 4 1/2".

The scalloped circle is the 4th in the set of Lifestyle Crafts Nested Lace Circles. (Approx 3")

The bauble embellishment is from the collectables pack that goes with this range, I have tied some twine through the loop and attached it to the scalloped circle.

The scalloped circle is attached to the card using foam tape.


Hope you have enjoyed looking at these cards.

Pop over and check out the video here and see them being made. Hope this inspires you to make some cards.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment