Monday, December 10, 2018

If Cats Had Phones Art Journal page

Good afternoon everyone.

This post is about this art journal page.



I started with a background that I created a long time ago and it was very bright, so I gave it 2 thick coats of Gesso letting it dry between coats. The colour was so strong it bled through the Gesso.
I did not add anymore colour to the background as I wanted a very light palette for the design to stand out against. 

I used Dylusions Diamonds in the Rough mini stencil and some Matisse Iridescent Medium to add some texture. 

Using Stayzon ink in black I stamped randomly using Kaszazz's Life's Little Moments stamp. 

With Watering Can (Grey) Archival ink I stamped Clearly Besotted's solid leaf stamp here and there around the edges of the page.

Next I used Jet Black Archival ink and Dylusions leaf outline stamp from the Further Around the Edge stamp pack to add more leaves to the edges of the page.

The orange flowers were stamped with a stamp I got with a magazine purchase and Tiger Lily Archival Ink.

To create the cats I used a Dylusions Puddy Cat stamp and Stayzon Ink on water colour paper. The large cat is coloured using water colour pencils and for the small cat I used Twinkling H2O's. These were then fussy cut and attached to the page using Matt Gel Medium

I have shaded around the cats using a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker.

The leaves were also coloured using a Big Brush Marker in Leaf Green.

I have then detailed the cats and the orange flowers using an Artline 0.4 tip permanent marker

The heading was a stamp in the same stamp pack as the cats, so I stamped it on watercolour paper and attached it to the page with Matt Gel Medium before detailing around it with the same pen as I used previously.

To finish the page off I ran around the edge of the page with a gold ink pad and a black one.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment