Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Two birthday cards

Good morning.

Well the weather here in Adelaide has gone completely mad. Boiling hot for the last week and today it is cold and wet.....

I spent the day yesterday making a couple of cards.

You can see the video here.

I have used Kaisercraft's Curiosity 6.5" paper pad for both of these cards.

The card bases are white cardstock and they measure 5 1/4" square.




I chose 4 patterned papers and cut them to 5",  4 3/4" and 4 1/2" square and the last piece is 4 1/2" x 2".

All of the edges have been distressed and then inked with black ink.

Foam tape was used to attache the 4 3/4" piece to the 5" piece.
The 4 1/2" piece was attached on top of them with double sided tape.

I attached a piece of lace to the bottom of the small piece and then attached that to the middle of the  panel with foam tape.

I used my hot glue gun to attach the chipboard piece and the resin heart. I have had the resin piece in my stash for a few years. I made it when resin was popular. There are quite a few other pieces waiting to be used.

To complete the card I printed a sheet of greetings in various sizes and fonts using my computer, selected one and cut it to size and attached it to a strip of patterned paper. I distressed and inked the edges of the patterned paper before attaching it to the centre top of the card.

 A little closeup photo for a bit of detail




This card has a nice little surprise inside.

I chose 3 patterned papers and the tag from the paper pad.

The base piece of patterned paper measures 5" square

The vertical strips of patterned paper measure 1 1/4" x 4 1/2" and the white cardstock that mat these pieces measure 1 1/2" x 4 3/4".

The horizontal strip of patterned paper measures 4 3/4" x 1 1/2" and the mat that this sits on is 5" x 1 3/4".

I have used a Magnolia die and some white cardstock to cut the little picket decoration to go on the bottom of the horizontal piece.

The edges of all of the papers and cardstock were inked with black ink before the patterned papers were attached to their mat's.

The base patterned paper was attached to the card base using double sided tape then the vertical panels were added using foam tape. I attached the die cut to the horizontal panel the attached the panel using double sided tape. The tag was attached with foam tape after I had added a gold eyelet and some ribbon.


I selected 2 sheets of patterned paper for the inside and cut them to 5" square.  Before I attached them to the card I used some double sided tape and attached some ribbon to the edges of the card to use as a closure when the card is finished as it will be quite bulky and may not close well on its own.

I cut a piece of white cardstock 1" x 10 3/4", folded it in half and then in half again to create 4 sections. I applied double sided tape to for the complete length of the two outside sections.

I then cut 4 squares of white cardstock 1 1/2" and 4 squares of patterned paper 1 1/4" square. The edges were inked and then the patterned paper was attached to the cardstock with double sided tape.

The assembled squares were then attached to the centre of each of the 4 sections on the 1" strip of cardstock.

This was then attached to the inside of the card about 1" up from the bottom.

One of the sentiments that I printed earlier was attached to one of the square embellishments inside the card.

Both of these cards were very easy to make so I encourage you to have a go at making them.

You will see exactly how I made them in this video so check it out.

If you enjoy the video I would love it if you would share it with your friends, leave me a comment  and subscribe to my channel.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment