Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Two Masculine Cards

Good morning

Todays post is about a two masculine cards I have made.

I have created a video showing the process. You can see it here.

I wanted to use something on these cards that I have had in my stash for quite some time and I always forget to use, so I dug out some velum and some burlap.

I have used Kaisercraft 5.25" square card bases in brown and Kaisercraft 6.5" paper pad from the Attitude! range for both of these cards.


The bottom three  layers of patterned paper on this first card have been torn on the top and bottom edges. The brown stripe and the red spot papers were both attached using foam tape. The next layer is the velum which has also been torn on the top and bottom and then another thin strip of paper that has been treated the same as all the other layers has been added on top of the velum. This layer covers the glue that was used to attache the velum to the card.


To embellish the card I have die cut Die-namics Just the Ticket, Kaisercraft's Film Edge and Kaisercraft's Polaroid Frame from assorted papers and attached them to the card. The greeting was printed on my computer and then cut to size and attached using double sided tape. All of the papers and embellishments on the card have been inked around the edge.

For this second card I have used three patterned papers in decreasing sizes and a layer of burlap that I have frayed the edges of. I cut a double ended fish-tail banner and attached that between the burlap layer and the smallest square layer using foam tape. All of the papers have been distressed and inked.


Using Spellbinders Labels One die, I cut two labels to embellish this card. I then attached a greeting that was computer generated and inked with some Distress ink in Vintage Photo to help it blend in with the rest of the card.

Masculine cards are always a bit trickier to create I think. I am always unsure what to use to embellish them. Hope these cards give you some ideas to help create some cards for the males in your life.

Don't forget to check out my video.

If you enjoy the video please subscribe to my channel and share it with your friends

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment