Wednesday, June 24, 2020

"Our Girls" Layout

Good morning,

Today's post shares a scrapbooking layout that I created using a 12" x 12" paper pad from DCWV called Navy Florals.

I have recorded the process and you can watch the video here if you would like to see this page come together.


I have chosen The background and four patterned papers from the pad.

To create the background for the layout I trimmed the dark grey paper to 11.5" x 11.5" and using 13@rts Dots and Numbers stencil I applied Mont Marte Modelling Paste through the stencil with my palette knife in random areas so that it would poke out from behind the patterned papers when they were attached to the page.

I then cut a 1" frame from a 12" x 12" piece of white cardstock and when the Modelling Paste was dry I used double sided tape to attach the dark grey paper to the white frame so an even amount of white showed around each edge of the grey.

Now it was time to cut my patterned papers:-
                                            patterned paper No 1. (light blue)  6" x 4"
                                            patterned paper No 2. (black floral) 8" x 6", 2.5" x 1" & 5" x 0.5"
                                            patterned paper No 3. (apricot) 9" x 2" & 2.25" x 0.75"
                                            patterned paper No 4. (pale pink) 2.5" x 1.75" - cut a fishtail 0.05" into
                                                                                                  one of the narrow sides.

All of the paper edges were then inked with Versa Color black ink.

Each of these papers are then matted onto white cardstock so there is a 1/16" white border around each edge of the papers. The edges were inked again.

The photo is matted the same way

All of the patterned papers are then attached to the background using double sided tape.

I used a Poinsettia die to cut enough layers to create three flower. I cut these in the pale blue, apricot and a plain pink cardstock from my scraps bin. The leaves were cut from a Kaisercraft Deck the Halls off cut.

To assemble the flowers I inked the edges with the same black ink pad and rolled the petals around a metal spike to give then dimension. The layers were attached in the middle with glue so the petals of each layer are staggered. A clear gem added to the middle completed each flower.

I used the same process to give the leaves some dimension.


Using dies I cut three hearts and a bow from the papers that are already on the page.

All of the embellishments were then attached to the page using either a hot glue gun or liquid glue.

The title uses Krafter's Korner Wooden Letter Set letters which are just over 1/2" tall. These are also attached using glue.

If you want to see how I made the flowers you can see them being made here.

Thank you for spending some of your day here with me today.

Till next time
Stay Safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment