Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Three More Velum Cards

Good morning,

A few weeks ago I made three cards using velum in different ways. I enjoyed making these cards so much that I decided to make three more using heat embossed velum flowers on each one.

You can watch them come together in this video

Two of the cards are white on white and one has some colour.



Let's start with the coloured one.


I am using a 5 1/8" square card base for this card. I cut a piece of yellow cardstock 4 7/8" square and a piece of white cardstock 4 5/8" square. I embossed the white piece with a damask style Cuttlebug embossing folder, inked the edges of the yellow and the white cardstock with black Versa Color ink and attached them to the card base.

Using Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters stamp set I stamped one large and two of each of the other flowers and 3 of the leaves onto iridescent  velum. I added yellow embossing powder to the flowers and a pale green embossing powder to the leaves. I bought the embossing powders many years ago in a set that had about 10 - 12 small containers of assorted colours of embossing powder.

All of the embossed items were then fussy cut and the flowers were layered onto each other and attached with a dot of glue in the centre. A yellow gem was added to complete the flowers.


The flowers and leaves were then attached to the front of the card using glue once again, making sure that the glue was in a place that would not be seen once everything was in place.

To create the sentiment I used a stamp from the Hero Arts set called Small Greetings. I stamped this onto a piece of white cardstock using StazOn Jet Black ink. Once I had trimmed the cardstock to the size I wanted, I matted the greeting on some of the yellow cardstock I had used on the card and attached that to the front of the card so the bottom flower slightly overlapped it.

The second card is one of the white on white cards.


I cut this card base so I would have a square card measuring 5 1/4".

I used a die to cut the background embellishment from the same white cardstock that I had used to create the card base.

A piece of the same cardstock was also cut to 5 1/4" x 1 1/4". I wrapped some seam binding around this piece and tied a bow in the front. I used glue to adhere the seam binding to the cardstock strip and the strip to the card base.

To create the flowers I used an assortment of flower stamps from my stash. The stamps are, Embossing Arts Co 192-GB Giant Flowers, Annaleey Crafts Flower Square and Artee Stamps Cute Daisy. I stamped these onto the same velum that I used in the previous card, heat embossed them and then fussy cut them out. I used Wow Opaque Bright White Super Fine embossing powder on these flowers. I layered the flowers, off setting the petals from each other. A clear gem was added to the centres of the flowers to finish.


I used glue once again to add these to the front of the card.

The greeting was stamped on the same velum that the flowers are made from, using StazOn Jet Black ink. I think the stamp must have come on a magazine or something because I can not remember buying it.

I trimmed the greeting down to size and used glue behind the black lettering to attach it to the card.

The last card for today is also a white on white card.


The card base for this card is 5 1/8" square.

I heat embossed a piece of white cardstock with the same Wow white embossing powder and a stamp from a PaperArtsy stamp set. I am going to use this as my base layer on the front of my card so I trimmed it down to 4 7/8" square. I also used a piece of this cardstock that measures 4 7/8" x 1 3/4" across the front of the card. I used foam tape to attach this piece about 1" up from the bottom of the card.

Using the second flower and the two leaves from the stamp set I heat embossed 8 flowers and 4 leaves on some velum that had a white streak pattern through it. These were then fussy cut.

To add some dimension to my flowers I cut the spikey part of three of the flowers out and attached them on top of three flowers, creasing the petals up slightly so they did not sit flat.

I also added a clear gem to these three flowers


Once I was happy with the positioning of the flowers and leaves I used glue to attach them to the card front on top of the raised strip of embossed cardstock.

The greeting was another of the stamps in the Hero Arts Small Greetings stamp set. I stamped it on a scrap of the embossed cardstock that I used as the background. Cut it down to size and used foam tape to attach it to the card.

I would suggest you pop over to my YouTube channel and check out the video if my description is a bit vague to follow.

You will find the video here.

Thank you for spending some of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay Safe
Hugs
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment