Wednesday, July 8, 2020

DT Layout for Mystical Scrapbooking July 2020 Challenge

Hi

Today I am sharing my first layout as a Design Team member over at Mystical Scrapbooking

The theme for July is "Christmas In July" and then there are two challenges within that theme.

The challenge I have created this layout for is to use Gold, Torn Paper Edges and Stars on your project. It does not have to be a Christmas project but I have taken the opportunity to document the new Christmas Tree I bought a couple of years ago

I have posted a video on my YouTube channel that shows how this page came together. You can see the video here

This is the layout


I started by cutting a triangle that is 9" high by 8" wide from white cardstock. This is the base for the Christmas tree embellishment.

I tore strips of Kaisercraft's Starry Night Magic that were approximately 1/2" wide and attached them to the cardstock triangle so they slightly overlapped. I used my finger nail to lift the torn edges of the paper to give the tree some nice texture. I then attached craft foam to the back of the triangle so that when I attached it to the layout it would have some dimension.

The white cardstock background was splattered with some watered down Gold acrylic paint.

I attached the Christmas Tree to the left hand edge of the layout so it had about 3" overhanging. I trimmed this off with my scissors and attached the off cut to the right hand edge of the layout.

For the base of my trees I used the "25" square from Kaisercraft's Starry Night Marvellous paper. I wrapped some blue ribbon around the panel before I attached it. I did not add ribbon to the tree base on the right.



To decorate my page I stamped the parcels from Kaisercraft's Christmas Edition and Merry Christmas stamp sets and also SEI's Christmas Mint stamp set. I used StazOn Jet Black ink to do my stamping because I wanted to colour the parcels.

The parcels were coloured using Docrafts Artiste Spritzing Ink in Gold and Tattered Angels Chalkboard spray in Teal High Heel. I applied the colour using my aqua brush. The touches of red and green were added using Dylusions Paint pen in Cherry Pie and a green felt tipped marker.

When I attached the parcels to the layout some were attached using glue and some were mounted using foam tape.


The gold stars were cut on my Scan N Cut from some gold sticker paper. I cut an assortment of sizes and scattered them randomly on the trees.

The photos were matted on an SEI paper called Glitzmas and the title was cut on my Scan N Cut from this same paper.

The photo on the left is attached to the layout using glue and the one on the right is attached using foam tape.

The title is attached with glue.

Just a reminder, you can see the video here if you would like to see this page being created.

Thanks for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay Safe
Hugs
Julie






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment