Monday, August 9, 2021

Same Technique Different Look

Good Morning

Today I want to share two cards that have the same techniques
 but look so different.

Each card is cut 5.25" x 10.5" from smooth white cardstock,
scored at 5.25" on the long edge and folded to create 5.25" cards.

I also cut 2 panels 5" square that will be attached to the front of the card.


I have stamped and heat embossed Woodware's Mini Scented Bloom stamp
 randomly on the background of the two 5" square panels

I heat embossed one of the panels using White Embossing Powder 
and the other with Gold Embossing Powder

Using the same stamp I also heat embossed two of the flowers
 and a couple of the foliage stems from Woodware's Countryside Stems
with white embossing powder on white cardstock and
two of the flowers and four leaves from Heartfelt Creations 
Botanical Rose stamp set with gold embossing powder on velum.

All of these were then fussy cut to use to embellish the fronts of my cards.

To colour the panel that had the white embossed flowers I used a
Candied Apple Distress Inks across the panel.

To colour the flowers for this card I used a water brush to shade with 
Mustard Seed and Carved Pumpkin Distress Inks.
The foliage was coloured with Cracked Pistachio and 
Twisted Citron Distress Inks in the same way.

The bottom flower was attached to a chipboard scrap before it was added to the panel

The sentiments for both cards were stamped using 
heat embossed with Black Embossing Powder.

I used the matching Sentiment Stack die to cut the sentiments.

By stamping and die cutting this set you get 11 sentiments that you can keep
 on hand for when you are looking for a sentiment on future cards.

The decorated panel was then attached to the cardbase using glue.


I have used the same ink blending technique on the second card.

I used glue behind the gold embossing on the velum flowers and leaves 
to attach them to the panel.

The sentiment was attached to a scrap of chipboard before it was added to the card panel.

The panel was then attached to the cardbase using glue.


You can see my process video below


Thank you for spending part of your day here with me today

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment