Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Make the Card Challenge #59

Hi there

This is my first project as part of the Design Team at Make The Card Challenge (MTCC)

You will find the challenge here.

This weeks challenge is to use this sketch to create your card.


and this is the card I created


You can see I have changed the shape of the card from rectangular to square
as I prefer making square cards and I have given it a shabby chic feel.

My 5 1/4" card is cut from some pale blue/grey cardstock with a light fleck in it.

I have used Denise Boddey Designs - Le Jardin Romantique patterned papers for this card

I cut a piece of Garden Letters to 5" square
and a piece of Song Blossom to 4 3/4" square.
I also cut 3 x 3/8" strips of Natures Romance.

I used my Tim Holtz Distressing Tool to distress all of the edges 
before inking with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

The two squares of patterned paper were attached to the front of the card
then a layer of fine glimmer mesh was laid on top of them.

The diagonal strips were attached using liquid glue which also holds the mesh in place.

I stamped and heat embossed the largest flower from 
Craft Barn's Primrose stamp and die set onto  Enchanted Florals paper.
This flower was cut in half before I added it to my fussy cut cluster.

The sentiment was cut from Gold Pearlised cardstock using 
Uniquely Creatives Brush Script Sentiments Die

Below is the process video for this card
I hope you enjoy watching it.


Why not pop over to MTCC and check out the cards made by the other DT members?

You will find the challenge here.

Till next time
Stay safe
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment